If you are interested in joining Boy Scout Troop 71 you must:
1. Meet age requirements: Be a boy who has completed the fifth grade and be at least 10 years old, or be 11 years old, or have earned the Arrow of Light Award and be at least 10 years old, and be under 18 years old.
2. Contact Troop 71 (Click Here)
3. Complete a Boy Scout application and health history signed by your parent or guardian.
1. Repeat the Pledge of Allegiance.
2. Demonstrate the Scout sign, salute, and handshake.
3. Demonstrate tying the square knot (a joining knot).
4. Understand and agree to live by the Scout Oath or Promise, Law, motto, and slogan, and the Outdoor Code.
5. Describe the Scout badge.
6. Complete the Pamphlet Exercises. With your parent or guardian, complete the exercises in the pamphlet "How to Protect Your Children from Child Abuse: A Parent's Guide".
7. Participate in a Scoutmaster conference. Turn in your Boy Scout application and health history form signed by your parent or guardian, then participate in a Scoutmaster conference.